Sunday, November 23, 2008

S-8.09 "Abyss" and 8.10 "Bride"

The abyss that was Chloe's mind made for the best episode all year, trumping even "Bloodline."

Wow, I love how they did Brainiac erasing Chloe's memories. Awesome seeing old clips and the "Dark Thursday" re-creation.

Holy crap! I almost thought this would be another surprise last second transformation of Brainiac into Marsters.

This felt like it could've been the last ep until January, so I'm even more psyched for "Bride."


And speaking of which...

I thought watching the video camera was a decent way to start the episode.

Felt like Lois was in her campaign manager days.

Yeah, the random lackey of Oliver's was lame. Did they seriously have no time to come up with anything better after Victor was removed?

And of course Doomsday was awesome. Interesting that Brainiac must've commanded him to take Chloe to the Fortress so he could reinfect her.

Wow, I never would've imagined they'd show Lex on-screen, at least not this soon. I have to say I wasn't blown away by it though... It kinda felt like the episode was building up to it, with the sudden reveal from Oliver he's alive and then thinking he had got him when it was a dummy. Hopefully this means they've worked out a deal for Rosenbaum to return at the end of the season.

No comments: