Thursday, February 27, 2014

PRSM #02 "EARTH FIGHTS BACK": Forced From the Future

Great episode. I enjoyed the sweet unmorphed fighting, how the plot was adapted and Troy being separated from the others. While morphing into Megaforce first is still stupid, it does force them to do more of their own stuff which I like.

The season intro is actually pretty good this year. Great shots of Samurai, the Wind Rangers, original Mighty  Morphin and Wild Force teams.

As usual the Rangers are on their own and report to Tensou and Gosei who is shown not saying a word. Geez.

Tensou must've done some serious morphing grid hacking to create the database. I loved it when they used RPM and finished off with SPD. "Mastering" the power and earning the zord for it is pretty reasonable to me now that we're past that these aren't season tributes. I'd take this over when they "earned" the cards last year. And I was relived "Carzord" was just a dumb nickname, not official.

As I expected, Vekar throwing a hissy fit all season has begun. Plus the use of the mall and extras was great. This would've been near perfect if it wasn't for the awkward DaiRanger part and replacing a name with Gia's "Bring on the new powers!" (or much explanation). But this episode did set Megaforce records, so it still gets a good 4/5.

No comments: