Monday, October 13, 2008

"TIGERS FALL, LIONS RISE" (PR-1627): Spiritless

Not a bad episode -- which is good when you know it's about Casey. Despite his Kung Fu class coming outta nowhere, I thought the episode played out pretty well.

While most plots with kids are forgettable, this was kinda better than "GOOD KARMA BAD KARMA." I liked how Jimmy saw the Rangers training and how he was able to help them. And Mr. Secret Identity's still an idiot.

Pretty cool seeing Dai Shi (That's who he was this week) and Camille power up.

Boy, when I saw the Geki counterparts to this episode, I knew JF would half-ass the mecha battle. Although I gotta give points for the original cockpit and first helmetless Ranger all year.

I'm kinda surprised JF continues to do all their own battles, but hey, it's a nice change.

4/5. Horrible dialogue (especially during the zord battle), but at least they're not totally copying sentai. This episode easily could've been worse.

No comments: