Tuesday, March 15, 2011

All For Buffy @ ECCC '11

Besides anime and Power Rangers, I hadn't really been to any other conventions before, so I didn't quite know what to expect as I headed downtown on Saturday the 5th. I made sure to show up early, getting to the convention center about 10:00. It was pretty quiet as I easily walked up to the sales booth on the 4th floor and was good to go. There was a SoyJoy booth handing out samples and bags, while a DJ spun, so I just hung out there for awhile. Eventually I went to the 3rd floor where the media guests were stationed and after an hour or so in line, I met James Marsters and bought a Spike photo. James was great and after asking me if I was a Superman fan, joked about how he loves working on Smallville because they pay him so much and how Tom Welling (Clark) is a real jerk. I knew he'd be awesome. ^_^

Next I got in the photo-op registration line, which ended up taking around an hour and a half. It was stuffy, crowded and smelly at times -- hard to stand in line so long -- despite I hadn't even been at the convention very long. After I got signed up for 2:20 (when the Buffy cast would have their turn), I got something to eat and chilled for a bit.

At 2:00 I got in line for the photo-op and could tell I wasn't feeling right. Soon I got my pic with James & Nicholas Brendan and one with Clare Kramer (Glory, season 5). Then I headed back to the 4th floor to get ready for the Buffy panel, which already had a HUGE line snaking several rows in a big open room next door. The panel got started late by the time everyone was seated, but it was still fun enjoying James, Nicholas and Clare chat it up for a half hour and answer some Qs. Afterwards, I went over to Clare's autograph table, which had barely any line all day. She was very nice and liked the pic of us and signed her Buffy headshot I purchased. Nicholas was kind enough to sign my Buffy season 6 DVD cover for no money, after I told him I didn't have enough cash.

And with that, I hightailed it outta there by about 4:30, not feeling well at all (which, aside from a wonderful store party, lasted ALL last week -_-). To finally meet some of the cast from Buffy close to home was amazing and ultimately worth the money and health I paid. If they get anyone else from Buffy/Angel, I'll definitely go back.

No comments: