Sunday, May 11, 2008

Smallville 7.19 "Quest": Clock and Clues

When Tess takes over Luthor mansion next season, I hope she'll have much better security than Lex. -_-

Good to see Clark finally want to resolve the mess by telling Lex who he is. Nice moment before he finds out for himself.

I liked how Edward Teague left hints for Clark to get him to come to the church. Interesting reasoning he had about wanting to destroy him. I was surprised they let Teague live.

Bah, Chloe practically came outta nowhere to save Clark. Oh how I wish Oliver would make one more appearance every time they mention him.

Lex's "quest" to put the clues together, ending with the sphere pointing to the Fortress of Solitude, was very nicely done. Pretty nifty how the castle/Luthor mansion tied into it. I liked how the cryptograph Lex had fit inside the grandfather clock too, done as a side project by Virgil Swann.

I was a little disappointed Kara was nowhere to be seen, otherwise it turned out to be a good episode for the second-to-last. It's always hard to believe when we reach this time in the season, but especially when you realize it's episode 19.

Looks like we'll be in for hopefully a great Kara vs Clark fight. Since Brainiac now has control over her it seems, I hope he's back next season.

I won't be surprised if Lex does end up in the Phantom Zone and do wonder if Jor-El will have any hand in his fate (not to mention what he will and won't remember when he returns).

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Completely agree with what you said, i liked all "da vinci" style clues and how it all tied in but smallville annoys me so much how it jumps between random stories each episode, completely disregarding other characters.